Orleans House Gallery
19th Sep 2023 - 12th Dec 2023
UNTIL Tuesday 12th December
Get ready to sing and play with musician, Finn Chatwyn-Ros!
Designed for babies and pre-walking toddlers, this sensory musical session uses puppets, instruments, and creative activities to explore, play and imagine. Reach into the Song Sack, pull out one of the thoughtfully curated songs inspired by the theme of nature, and prepare to wiggle and move!
Curious Tots sessions are carefully and creatively designed to support the foundations for play, communication, social interaction skills, and social emotional development. They also take inspiration from Orleans House Gallery's Cultural Reforesting programme. Sessions offer a calm, nurturing space for families to enjoy together, equipping them with lots of ideas to continue playing at home.
Early Years artist-in-residence, Finn, will continue to build upon last year's theme of Play & Imagination as well as focusing on the natural world around us and how we can renew our relationship with it. Singing on the seasons, the weather, and the colours and patterns found in nature, each theme will lead towards an original song created with this age group in mind.
Cultural Reforesting is a series of artist-led, multi-disciplinary projects set in the context of the ecological crises of our time. Orleans House Gallery is supporting artists to explore local solutions to this crisis and feel that the gallery, with its vibrant grounds and creative setting, can be a place where people can collaborate, find a community, and make a difference – no matter how personal or small.
- Sessions are fortnightly on Tuesdays from 19 September
- First session: 10.15am – 11am
- Second session: 11.30am to 12.15pm
- Choose the dates that work for you, no need to book a whole term (but please book in advance to avoid disappointment)
- We recommend that this session is best experienced by babies from birth and toddlers who are just learning to walk. If you are looking for an early years session for more confident walkers or older children, have a look atPlay:Make:Artand Let's Get Creative
- £6 / £4 (concession)
- 1 ticket admits 1 child plus an accompanying adult
- Creative and engaging activities promoting communication and social-emotional development
- Specialist planned activities that enhance cognition, language, and physical development, with the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the individual children present
- A friendly, welcoming atmosphere – including the chance to socialise with other parents and carers
- Lots of movement and musical games
- A carefully considered curriculum, based on years of teaching experience and research into musical development in children
- Old favourites and brand-new songs written by Finn
- Free play instrument exploration as well as structured games
- Inspiration for activities to try at home!